13 February 2009

Keeping up to date

Keeping up to date is quite an appropriate title for this post! Firstly, I seem to be falling behind on my blogging, so this post is to start me on getting back up to date!!! And secondly, I think it's incredibly important as a photographer to keep pushing myself, improving my skills so that I am always fresh and able to deliver the highest possible standards of photography for my clients.

To that end, I went on a course recently, run by Annabel Williams at CPT in Stavely, Cumbria. Most of the course was focusing on business skills, but one day was devoted to photography. I tended to hang back a bit because there were a lot of people newer to photography than me who I thought might benefit from being able to capture some great shots, but I managed to get a few that I was really pleased with, as you'll see below.

I love shooting into the sun - the light on Tracey's hair here is just beautiful, and I love the mottled background effect created by the light.








I would have been really happy to take Eliza home - she was gorgeous, in personality as well as to photograph! You can see some of her personality coming through in these photographs of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment