25 June 2012

Photographs of Lisa and Ben's Fun Chester Wedding

Lisa and Ben got married on Saturday in Chester's original cathedral, a beautiful church which is now St John the Baptist Church, Chester. I had such fun from the moment I arrived, all the way through to the end of the speeches - and I have to admit that I shed a couple of tears too. Oh dear, will I never get used to the emotions of weddings! Some of the tears, to be fair, were brought on by the amazing singing of Hannah, a 9 year old niece of Lisa's who sang Candle in the Wind - I don't think there was a dry eye in the church when she sang!

It was really lovely to be given such a warm welcome by David Chesters, Vicar of the church, and his colleagues, and having such a large porch-way helped when the rains came! And what about this for a wedding present? Ben bought Lisa a VW camper van! And so when we came out of the church, after a little skulduggery, Ben's brother Jake brought the little beauty around to surprise Lisa!

After the ceremony we were all able to enjoy ice creams before making our way over to Chester Racecourse for the reception - and Ben's turn for a surprise as the car driver let off a confetti canon that made us all jump ... but it meant I delivered on a promise to Lisa as she'd asked me to make sure I photographed Ben's 'stupid face'!

I had a lot of fun photographing Lisa and Ben's wedding, and I laughed and I cried - and I have to say as well, Lisa was such a beautiful bride in a spectacular dress that was perfect for her, with the most beautiful flowers, and Ben scrubbed up well too! Here's a sneak peak of their day.







Now, it's not often that I highlight a truly favourite image from a wedding (maybe I should do it more often because I always have a favourite!) but I have to share this one from Lisa and Ben's day - the moment where Lisa and her dad hugged when he saw her dressed in her gown for the first time. I feel the emotion welling up in me every time I look at it! And then a second one which is when Lisa went to hug Hannah, her bridesmaid who sang for her. Two truly beautiful moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment